Interior Of The Office Of Trevor A. Brown, Attorney At Law
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
  4.  » SSDI Benefits For Dependents

Pursuing SSDI Benefits For Children And Dependents

When a disability leaves a household member unable to work, it can be challenging to make ends meet even when receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. Finances are strained even further when members of a household are financially dependent on a disabled individual. The good news is additional SSDI benefits may be available for children and dependents. It is important to make any SSDI dependency benefits request as part of your initial application. A skilled lawyer can help guide you through this process.

I am Trevor A. Brown, Attorney at Law, and I have more than a decade of experience helping people with SSDI claims in northwest Georgia. I can help you pursue benefits for your dependents and will work hard to help you receive the assistance you deserve.

Who Is An Eligible Dependent?

For SSDI purposes, a dependent is a relative who relies on the disabled individual for financial support. Eligible dependents may include:

  • Children under the age of 18
  • Disabled children under the age of 22
  • Grandchildren

There are certain restrictions on eligibility, which I can explain in further detail when you meet with me. Although getting benefits for a dependent is generally easier if you include their information on your initial application, it is still possible to seek Social Security Administration approval after your application has been submitted.

Contact An Experienced Lawyer For Help With SSDI Benefits

The SSDI process can be complicated. I am here to provide you with experienced legal guidance. To schedule a free initial consultation, call my office in Dalton at 706-847-4646 or toll-free at 800-610-9637. You may also contact me online. If you are unable to travel to my office location, I can arrange an in-home visit or meet at a location that is more convenient for you.